24/7 Helpline

Trusted by Thousands

Authorised and Regulated by FCA

Nationwide Coverage


Homeowner cover that actually covers

Choose between our refreshingly simple Boiler Cover or Full Home Cover. Then choose what level of excess you’d like, and finally if you would like to pay monthly or annually.


Per year

Choose to pay annually and save £ per year

£ per month. You're saving £ by paying annually

Choose Excess

This is your contribution to each claim


  • Immediate Cover*
  • Emergency claims line open 24/7, 365 days
  • Gas, electric, oil & LPG boilers covered
  • £5,000 industry-leading annual claims limits

To read a summary of the key features of this policy - including key exclusions - click here to read the Insurance Product Information Document.

Total Payable: £monthly | 18.5% Representative APR includingIncludes Insurance Premium Tax and VAT if applicable

*If switching from another provider – if not, a 30 day waiting period applies

This policy includes

Primary Heating System

The complete breakdown of the domestic boiler and / or central heating system which results in the loss of heating and / or hot water.

Boiler Replacement Contribution

A contribution towards the cost of a replacement boiler should yours be deemed to be beyond economical repair.

Plumbing and Drainage

Damage to or failure of the plumbing and drainage system where internal flooding or water damage is likely, including all blocked toilets and external drains.

Internal Electricity

An electricity failure of at least one complete circuit.

Gas Supply

Repairing or replacing a section of damaged internal gas supply pipe causing a leak.

Water Supply

A complete loss of the water supply to the kitchen or bathroom.


Damage to or failure of an external lock, door or window which renders the home insecure.

Access to Home (Lost Keys)

Loss of the only available key to the home which cannot be replaced, and normal access cannot be obtained.


Removal of an infestation of wasp nests, hornet nests, mice, and/or rats, plus a temporary repair to prevent re-infestation.

Overnight Accommodation

Overnight accommodation where the home is rendered uninhabitable.

Alternative Heating Allowance

Up to £100 towards the cost of alternative heating sources, where deemed necessary, following a claim for your Primary Heating System.

Optional add-on services

  • Gas Boiler Service & Landlord Gas Safety Certificate + £144.00/yr £12.96/mo + £144.00/yr £12.96/mo
  • Gas Boiler Service & Landlord Gas Safety Certificate + £144.00/yr £12.96/mo + £144.00/yr £12.96/mo
  • Gas Boiler Service & Landlord Gas Safety Certificate + £144.00/yr £12.96/mo + £144.00/yr £12.96/mo
  • Annual Gas Boiler Service + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo
  • Annual Gas Boiler Service + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo
  • Annual Gas Boiler Service + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo
  • Annual Gas Boiler Service + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo
  • Annual Gas Boiler Service + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo
  • Annual Gas Boiler Service + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo + £102.00/yr £9.18/mo

Boiler services are only available for gas boilers. We are unable to offer services for other boiler types.

Our reviews

Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers say about Better Home Cover

See more

Frequently asked questions

How can I access details of the Home Emergency Insurance?

A copy of our Insurance Product Information Document can be seen here.

Who and What is Better Home Cover?

We are a provider of Home Emergency Insurance and associated Non-Insurance Services and Products, throughout the whole of the UK for homeowners and landlords. We provide you with urgent assistance with repairs for emergencies in your home. We can also arrange to service your boiler and issue you with a Gas Safety Certificate.

How do I switch from another provider to Better Home Cover?

Our goal is to make things as easy for you as possible - you can sign up with us online or over the phone. It only takes a few minutes. And if you are switching from another provider we can offer you immediate cover.

What happens once I sign up with Better Home Cover?

Your Home Emergency Insurance can begin immediately but excludes Claims arising within the first 30 days unless you held equivalent insurance or cover immediately prior to the commencement of this insurance.

For Non-Insured Services we can contact you shortly after sign up to arrange your boiler service. If you are taking out our `Landlord Complete cover`, we will also arrange for your Gas Safety Certificate.

What is the maximum value that I can claim for?

Claims are limited to £5,000 per claim or £5,000 during any one annual period of insurance, and you receive unlimited call outs.

See more

We’re proud to...

Use Gas Safe registered engineers

Use NICEIC approved engineers

Support CRISIS in their fight to end homelessness

Be a member of The British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA)

Be a member of Insurtech UK

Want to discuss what cover is right for your needs? Give us a call on 0800 862 0833

24/7 Helpline

Trusted by Thousands

Authorised and Regulated by FCA

Nationwide Coverage

Don’t call us we’ll call you

If you are an existing policy holder or want to make a claim call 0800 862 0833

Enter your details:

If you have a question about your policy, our cover or anything else you can always email us on happyhelpers@betterhomecover.com, and we will get back to you within 24hrs.

When’s best for you?

  • FriJan 21
  • MonJan 24
  • TueJan 25
  • WedJan 26
  • ThuJan 27
  • FriJan 28
  • MonJan 31
  • TueFeb 1